Rapid Screening Program
SELF SCREENING KITS
It's quick. It's easy. It's free.
Keep your employees and our community safe with FREE Covid-19 Rapid Antigen Self Screening kits!
- FREE for all businesses in Port Hope with less than 150 employees!
- Pick up kits (by appointment only) at the Chamber Office
- Employees test themselves twice per week
- Get results in 15 minutes!
- Those who test positive or inconclusive must go for a lab-based PCR (polymerase chain reaction) test
Why do this?
The latest information from Health Canada suggests that up to 1/3 of people carrying the virus are asymptomatic! Over 50% of known cases were transmitted by an asymptomatic carrier. This makes it incredibly important to find asymptomatic carriers in order to combat the spread and get to a more normalized community life.
A Covid-19 rapid screening test can be performed anywhere (i.e. at your workplace!) and does not require shipping a specimen to a lab for processing. It takes approximately 15 minutes to see the results. Frequent testing increases the chances of early identification of cases.
How does the Program work?
- Small businesses select a representative from their company to be the “Screening Supervisor” responsible for the program
- They sign up for this free program at www.porthopechamber.com/rapidtest, complete the Program Agreement form, and book a 15 minute appointment for their Screening Supervisor to come to the Chamber Office to receive training and pick up a two week supply of kits
- Employees administer the test themselves, with a gentle nasal swab, under the guidance of their Screening Supervisor
- Test results are ready in 15 minutes
- Anyone who tests presumed positive, or inconclusive, is directed to self-isolate and get a PCR (standard) test as soon as possible
- Employees are generally tested twice per week
- Reorder your kits on our website as needed
Sign up for the Program
Appointments are required and masks are mandatory inside the building.
If scheduling your first visit, please complete the PASP Agreement form and bring it with you when you book your appointment. For your first visit you will be required to watch a short training video.
On future pickups, the video and a new PASP agreement will only be required if there has been a change of contact person at your organization.