SELF SCREENING KITS
It's quick. It's easy. It's free.
Keep your employees and our community safe with FREE Covid-19 Rapid Antigen Self Screening kits!
- FREE for all businesses in Port Hope with less than 150 employees!
- Pick up kits (by appointment only) at the Chamber Office
- Employees test themselves twice per week
- Get results in 15 minutes!
- Those who test positive or inconclusive must go for a lab-based PCR (polymerase chain reaction) test
Why do this?
The latest information from Health Canada suggests that up to 1/3 of people carrying the virus are asymptomatic! Over 50% of known cases were transmitted by an asymptomatic carrier. This makes it incredibly important to find asymptomatic carriers in order to combat the spread and get to a more normalized community life.
A Covid-19 rapid screening test can be performed anywhere (i.e. at your workplace!) and does not require shipping a specimen to a lab for processing. It takes approximately 15 minutes to see the results. Frequent testing increases the chances of early identification of cases.
How does the Program work?
- Small businesses select a representative from their company to be the “Screening Supervisor” responsible for the program
- They sign up for this free program at www.porthopechamber.com/rapidtest, complete the Program Agreement form, and book a 15 minute appointment for their Screening Supervisor to come to the Chamber Office to receive training and pick up a two week supply of kits
- Employees administer the test themselves, with a gentle nasal swab, under the guidance of their Screening Supervisor
- Test results are ready in 15 minutes
- Anyone who tests presumed positive, or inconclusive, is directed to self-isolate and get a PCR (standard) test as soon as possible
- Employees are generally tested twice per week
- Reorder your kits on our website as needed
To view the Rapid Testing program Frequently Asked Questions, click here:
Sign up for the Program
Step #1: Complete the PASP Agreement
(First visit Only print, fill out and bring to your appointment)
Step #2: Book your pickup appointment
(Be prepared to complete the intake form, place your order and book pick up in this step)
Step #3: Pick up your kits at the Chamber Office at your appointment time
58 Queen St, Port Hope, Port Hope, ON L1A 3Z9
Step #4: Reorder your kits
(please bring your new agreement if your contact person has changed)
Appointments are required and masks are mandatory inside the building.
If scheduling your first visit, please complete the PASP Agreement form and bring it with you when you book your appointment. For your first visit you will be required to watch a short training video.
On future pickups, the video and a new PASP agreement will only be required if there has been a change of contact person at your organization.
Thank you to:
The Municipality of Port Hope for their partnership with this Program.
The Ontario Chamber of Commerce for their help in bringing this Program to local businesses.
The Northumberland Manufacturing Association for their support.